Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hobbit Holes

Wow, I put this on facebook for a day and we have had so much interest. Please really want to live in these. This is so exciting. Found the buiding codes online today and planning to find out where I need to go in Olympia to talk to people, political people, about getting so backing for the project. Some help from someone who knows what they are doing would be amazing as long as I found someone who didn't want to take the idea away from me. Let's see here. Anyone have any advice? Let me know...

Some changes we will have to make I think:
  • Here I beleive we have to be hooked up to some kind of electric, even with the solar panels... The great thing about this is this.... Whatever power we do not use, extra from the solar panels, I believe they will have to buy that back from you.... Money in the pocket... The house pays you... Cool!!! Anyway, working on more info about this...
  • Septic... These use a compost toilet... That doesn't sound to appealing and not sure it's legal here... Septic is something we are definitely looking into...
  • In our area here, a raised floor, just a little. A hole dug underneath, filled with sand and gravel on top with some kind of drainage system (pipes) do drain rain water... We get a lot of rain at times and flooding is a no no.. lol...

I found the original artical I read about these houses and wanted you all to see it here so here's the link. Pretty cool...    http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2011-12-21/man-builds-fairy-tale-home-for-his-family-for-only-3000/





No comments:

Post a Comment