Friday, March 9, 2012

New set of lessons. Shaping the wheel

So today I have started my new set of lessons from the Druid Network. This is my pre-free study until I can afford to attend an actual school... I noted where I plan to go previously in my notes, I really want to attend Bards, Ovates, and Druids. Yay... Anyway, Here is a schedule that came with this, i am not following it by season, will be looking at the past year and what is to come for this particular study. But at least you will all have some idea of what I am doing and talking about as I go... Ok, never mind. It won't let me copy and paste it... Will add it later.

There does not seem to be questions as such at the end of these chapters so i will give you an idea of each section as I go through. There are also activities in some of the chapters that I will include here also so you have an idea of what is happening along my path.

The chapter that i read today is entitled An Excerise in contemplative Meditatio nand Discovering Your core Values. I am teaching today, not at home, so I will do the guided meditation when I get home, before bed tonight. We are to take notes, using the meditation to answer some very specific questions... I will post my answers tomorrow. Should be good. These asnwers are also something we will use later at the of this group of lessons. I'm excited to get started.

In this section, we also discussed ritual, what it means, the basics, etc. So, using the information, I wrote my won circle ritual. I have been previously trying to modify others to my own use but find I can not remember them. I have wanted to do this so I guess today was the day. Not saying it won't change, but it is something from the way I feel so we will see what happens. I should also be able to remember it for the most part... I hope. :-)  It looks like this:

"This space is cleansed by me, is to be used for my sacred space for this work. A circle cast, drawn around me, below me, above me for this purpose now. This circle of love and respect is now closed."

Macha:

Anu:

Badb:

"I invite you, The Morrigan (Macha, Anu, or Badb) to join me in this circle to aid me in my work."

"Elemental Earth, I invite you here to join me in this circle to aid in my work. "

"Elemental Air, I invite you here to join me in this circle to aid in my work."

"Elemental Fire, I invite you here to join me in this circle to aid in my work."

"Elemental Water, I invite you here to join me in this circle to aid in my work."

"I thank you all for joining me here. Please accept this gift of XXXX for your help and support in the circle. "

"I asked you all here with me todya to aid me in my request for XXXX. I ask this because I XXXX."

Perform the tasks at hand, all spell work and requests.

"In thanks for all of your help, please except this libation."

"Elemental Water, merry meet, merry part until we merry meet again in love and respect.

"Elemental Fire, merry meet, merry part until we merry meet again in love and respect."

"Elemental Air, merry meet, merry part until we merry meet again in love and respect."

"Elemental Earth, merry meet, merry part until we merry meet again in love and respect."

"Lady Anu, Badb, or Macha, the Morrigan, merry meet, merry part until we merry meet again in love and respect."

"This circle of love and respect is now open."


Ok, so the copy and paste did work. Here it is...

Season/Lesson
Check here when Complete
Preliminary Lesson: Patience Along the Path

Samhain – October 31st or November 1
The Samhain Season
 
Lest We Forget

Darkness and Light: Finding Balance

Winter Solstice - December 21st
Blessings of the Virgin Mother

Heeding The Challenge of the Green Man

The Art of Evading Deception

Imbolc – February 1st
Brighid: The Once and Future Goddess

The Concept of Fosterage

Healing in Ireland

Spring Equinox – March 21st
The Elements of Transformation

Who Are the Bards?

The Mysteries of the Ogham

Beltane - May 1st
The Beltane Season

Sacred Trees

Celebrating Animals

Summer Solstice – June 21st
The Tale of Mogh Ruith

Diversions on the Path

Anam Cara – The Soul Friend

Lughnassadh – August 1st
Lugh of the Many Skills

Celebrating Diversity

The Folly of Revenge

Autumn Equinox – September 21st
Mabon

Consequence: Your Personal Circle of Influence

Wrongful Judgment

No comments:

Post a Comment